Guide to Upload Audio for Transcription
The accuracy of professional transcription services is acutely based on the quality of dictations. And here’s how you can ensure the best results:
- Choose an appropriate digital voice recorder. For assistance in selecting one, feel free to contact us.
- Maintain a distance of 2-3 inches from the microphone. Speaking too close will lead to a muffled voice while dictating from too far off will lead to inaudibility.
- If you are outside or in a place where there is background noise, please increase the volume of your voice to ensure that the recording is clear and crisp.
- In case of unexpected disturbances please repeat your statement. It is best to record in a room with closed doors and windows to avoid any backdrop noises.
- In the case of multiple speakers, it is a good idea to ask the speakers to identify themselves before they speak. It helps in correct speaker identification while making electronic health records.
- Recording dictations on higher quality leads to better clarity.
To avail the best business transcription services in the USA, be particular about your preferences regarding the electronic health records for the following:
- Turn-Around-Time: If due to any constraints, we feel that we will not be able to complete the work in the time frame selected by you, we will inform you beforehand and help select an alternative reasonable deadline.
- Format for Submission: We deliver files in MS-Word format. If you require files in an alternative format, do let us know.
- Any Special Instructions: The instructions are as important as the dictation itself as it helps us deliver transcriptions in the right format at the right time.