Here is how you can ensure that dictations are of good quality:
For best results, we recommend as below:
- Please choose an appropriate digital voice recorder. (For assistance on selecting one, please email us)
- Maintain a distance of 2-3 inches from the microphone. Speaking too close will lead to a muffled voice while dictating from too far off will lead to words being inaudible.
- If you are outside or in a place where there is background noise, please increase the volume of your voice to ensure that the recording is clear.
- In case of unexpected disturbances please repeat your statement. It is best to record in a room with closed doors and windows to avoid any backdrop noises.
- In case of multiple speakers, it is a good idea to ask the speakers to identify themselves before they speak. It helps in correct speaker identification during transcriptions.
- Recording dictations on a higher quality leads to a better clarity which is a good thing.
Before uploading dictations, please indicate preferences for below:
- Turn-Around-Time – If due to any constraints, we feel that we will not be able to complete the work in the time-frame selected by you, we will inform you before we start the work and select an alternative reasonable deadline.
- Format for submission – We deliver files in MS-Word format. If you require files in an alternative format, do let us know.
- Any special instructions – The instructions are as important as the dictation itself as it helps us deliver transcriptions in the right format at the right time.